For the majority of our patients, the biggest concern they have is the size of their breast implants. Hollywood and Beverly Hills patients are often concerned that they will be too big and have a fake appearance. But for other patients, that is exactly the type of look they are going for—it is all up to the patient’s preference. However, one question that many of our patients ask about is what the average size is that our patients choose. While it is interesting to think about, Dr. William Bruno will discuss what size implant is right for each patient during their consultation.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, there were 299,715 breast augmentation procedures performed in the United States in 2019. In this blog post, we will look at the average size of implants used across the nation. We will also talk about some of the other most popular aspects of the breast implant procedure, including incision location and which type is the most popular of all breast implants. Hollywood women that are hoping to finally get the breasts they have always wanted should get in touch with us today.
Popular Sizes of Breast Implants
Hollywood and Beverly Hills women usually want very different things when it comes to their breast implants. Some want to go as big as they can while others want something more moderate. Here is a quick look at some of the most popular choices that women make when it comes to their breast implants.
- Popular implant size – The most popular size for breast implants is between 350 to 400 cc. For most patients, this would look like a small to a large C cup. In fact, all of the top 5 most popular sizes are between 350 to 500 cc.
- Popular implant type – Since the FDA approved silicone implants, they have steadily been taking over the market. They are a much more popular type of breast implant over saline.
- Incision location – While women have several different incision options, the inframammary incision is the most popular. In this option, the incision is placed in the crease of the skin under the breast. Other options include the periareolar (around the nipple) and the transaxillary (through the armpit).
See Infographic: Most Popular Breast Implant Size and Type
Share this Image On Your Site
Considerations When Choosing Breast Implant Size
Before choosing the size of their breast implant, there are several factors women should take into consideration. The same size implant will not look the same for every woman. Each person has a different body type and build. A 350 cc implant may look very large on a woman with a petite frame, but it could only be a moderate increase on a larger framed woman. Here are a few other factors to keep in mind:
- Implant Profile – This refers to how the implant projects from your chest when standing. High-profile implants are fuller and curvier, standing out more prominently. Moderate-profile implants appear more natural and proportionate with a gentle slope. Low-profile implants are flatter while still providing adequate volume.
- Implant type – Silicone implants are incredibly popular as they are firmer and feel more like natural breast tissue. Saline implants are more fluid because they are filled with sterile salt water. Silicone does not ripple as much as saline, leaving a smoother appearance. Out of the nearly 300,000 breast augmentation procedures performed in 2019, silicone implants accounted for 85%, while saline implants made up the other 15%.
- Existing breast tissue – The amount of breast tissue you currently have will also affect the size of the implant you select. You may be able to get a smaller implant to enhance what you already have and create fuller, rounder, perkier breasts. If you have minimal breast tissue, a larger implant may be needed to achieve the same effect.
- Body type – As previously mentioned, your body frame will affect how different implant sizes look. If you are rather petite, too large of an implant can look disproportionate and put a strain on your back and neck. Larger framed women can support larger breasts more comfortably.
Finding the Right Implant Size for Your Body
It can be difficult to explain exactly what you want to achieve with your breast implants. In addition to looking at available before-and-after photos at the office, bring some photos of your own. Look through magazines or online and save pictures you like, or even those you do not like. You can show the doctor what type of appearance you are aiming for in terms of proportions, shape, profile, and size, and then develop a plan to achieve similar results tailored to your unique body type and structure.
How to Get Started with Dr. Bruno for Breast Implants
Hollywood patients that want to get larger, perkier breasts will not only experience a boost to their confidence, but it can also improve their sex life. Dr. Bruno is a board-certified plastic surgeon who completed his general surgery training at Saint Louis University Medical Center and has trained at Duke University Medical Center and Stanford University. As one of the most respected surgeons in the region, our patients get top-of-the-line care. Plus, our patients love how gentle and compassionate Dr. Bruno is. Just read through some of our incredible reviews to get an idea of the type of experience you can expect here.
Enhance Your Appearance with Breast Implants
Achieve the look you have always wanted with breast implants tailored to your needs and preferences. Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Bruno or a professional in your area for safe, quality results you can trust. Speak up about what you do and do not like, as well as any questions or concerns you might have, in order to get the right size breast implants for you. Breast augmentation can transform the way you look, making you feel like the best version of yourself.
We would love to learn more about how we can help you get the breasts of your dreams. Whether you are just looking to get more cleavage, or you have a more complex case like tuberous or asymmetrical breasts, contact us today.