I have a scar now from a biopsy to check for Morphea (I have it). Do you know what I can use to help heal/flatten/reduce the visibility of the scar (keloid)?

A: Scar, keloid

There are several different topicals you can use for a keloid or hypertrophic scar (thick scar). Kelo-cote is a clear silicone gel that takes several months to be effective, as does Mederma which is also a topical derived from onion extract. Both can be purchased over the counter without a prescription. There are also various types of silicone tapes which can be applied directly to the scar to help lighten and flatten the scar. Your physician may also need to do several steroid injections in the office to help prevent the scar from worsening.

Please consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon regarding your keloid.