In a culture where we have just about everything at our fingertips, it’s no surprise that cosmetic surgery has become a normal part of our lives. It’s so readily discussed and accepted that the names of certain procedures are sometimes used interchangeably, though they are, in fact, very different. West Hollywood tummy tuck patients often find themselves confused as to what’s involved with a tummy tuck versus liposuction, so allow us to clear up common misunderstandings between the two.
West Hollywood Tummy Tuck Patient Facts
Aside from the obvious difference that a tummy tuck is performed on the abdomen, whereas liposuction can be performed on many areas of the body, here are the main defining points of a tummy tuck:
- A horizontal incision is made above the pubic bone that extends from hip to hip
- Excess skin left over from pregnancy, weight loss, or other issues is surgically removed from the abdominal area
- Abdominal muscles are realigned and tightened using specialized sutures that lend additional strength and support to restore a flat abdominal wall
- The belly button may be repositioned to give it a natural appearance on the new flatter abdomen
- Patients typically return to normal activity between one to two weeks after surgery
- A tiny incision is made in the target area
- The procedure can be performed under general or local anesthesia at the patient’s preference
- Excess fat is suctioned through a small metal tube called a cannula from deep under the skin to avoid any contour irregularities
- Most patients return to normal activity within about 3 days of the procedure
If you’re looking to restore a flatter, sexier abdominal contour, West Hollywood tummy tuck & liposuction expert Dr. William Bruno can determine which procedure is best for you. Call 310.461.3855 and schedule your free consultation today.