Sometimes, no matter how much Beverly Hills men and women diet and exercise, they just can’t get the ideal body they want. Don’t get us wrong – to the average person on the street; they look fit and healthy. But, when these men and women look in the mirror, they see stubborn fatty deposits that just won’t go away, despite their healthy lifestyle.
These Beverly Hills residents are the perfect candidates for liposuction. Sometimes mistaken as a weight loss procedure – which it is not – liposuction is most appropriate for men and women who are at or near their goal weight but have fat deposits that simply don’t respond to their diet and exercise routine.
Where Can Liposuction Be Performed?
Liposuction can help re-contour numerous areas on the body, including the:
- Abdomen, to eliminate fat that just won’t go away;
- Waistline, giving you a trimmer physique;
- Chin and neckline, eliminating the condition commonly called a “double chin;”
- Upper arms, eliminating sagging fat;
- Hips, making you look better in your jeans;
- Buttocks, to get rid of the fat that infinite squats can’t seem to eliminate;
- Thighs, trimming them down, so they don’t touch when you stand – feet together;
- Knees, giving you a more contoured look; and
- Calves and ankles, getting rid of the condition sometimes called “cankles.”
*Individual results may vary
What Is The Liposuction Procedure Like?
When Dr. Bruno of William Bruno Plastic Surgery performs liposuction on his Beverly Hills patients, he works diligently to give them the re-contoured look they desire. The entire procedure involves:
- Placing the patient under general anesthesia, so they are completely asleep and don’t feel a single thing during their surgery;
- Making a small incision in your problem area, in which a thin tube called a cannula is inserted; and
- Suctioning out as much as 5-8 lbs of fat per liposuction session in some Beverly Hills patients
Patients with good skin elasticity are considered to be the ideal candidates for liposuction. If you have a lot of loose, drooping skin, liposuction probably isn’t the procedure you need to address your problem areas, but a tummy tuck, arm lift or body lift may be.
Recovering From Liposuction
It’s understandable that many Beverly Hills patients who are considering liposuction want to know what the recovery process is like before committing to the procedure. We’re here to share all these details. Liposuction, which is usually an outpatients procedure, has a relatively easy recovery period. Depending on the amount of areas targeted, you’ll usually need to take a few days, to about a week off of work or school for rest and recovery, though you’ll probably start to feel great and no longer need pain medication after day three. You will swell after your surgery, but Dr. Bruno will give you a compression garment to wear for four weeks to reduce said swelling. You may bruise, but bruising typically subsides about one to two weeks after your procedure. And while we know you’re dying to see your results as soon as possible, it can take a few months to see them.
Am I a Candidate for Liposuction?
Many Beverly Hills men and women are curious if they are good candidates for liposuction. Typically, you’re an ideal patient if:
- You’re at or near your goal weight;
- You have stubborn fatty deposits that won’t respond to your diet and exercise regime;
- You’re in good overall health;
- You’re in good psychological health and have realistic expectations for your liposuction procedure;
- You have good skin elasticity; and
- You’re a non-smoker, as smoking can complicate both your surgery and recovery.
Learning More About Liposuction
If you’re interested in what you’ve read about liposuction and think it’s the right procedure for you, then Dr. Bruno would love to meet you and talk about your unique case in more detail! To schedule a consultation with him today, call his West Hollywood offices at (310) 461-3855.