Deciding to get a breast augmentation can be one of the most life-changing choices you can make. When you feel more confident in your appearance, that confidence extends to every area of your life, from personal, to social, to professional. Beyond simply deciding, though, partnering with your surgeon during the process is important to maximizing your results. One of the most important decisions West Hollywood breast augmentation patients must make is where their implants should be placed.
One Size Doesn’t Fit All
Every person’s body is unique, possessing its own anatomical nuances. Because of this, although one implant location might be more frequently used than another doesn’t necessarily mean it’s best for you. Implants can be placed in either a submuscular (beneath the pectoral muscle) or subglandular (beneath existing breast tissue) position. Let’s examine the details of both:
Submuscular: Implants beneath the pectoral muscles
- Ideal for patients without an abundance of natural breast tissue to cover the implants.
- Lessens the potential for noticeable rippling in patients getting saline implants
- Less chance for distortion and/or capsular contracture over time
- Makes mammograms easier to perform
Subglandular: Implants beneath existing breast tissue
- Works well for patients will a good amount of natural breast tissue to cover the implants
- Better for patients who rely on their pectoral muscles often or wish to develop them
- Tends to have less pain during recovery
In the end, the best way to determine which placement option is best for you is to partner with Dr. Bruno. Between his expertise and your honest communication of your goals, you’ll be sure to arrive at the ideal solution for you.
West Hollywood Breast Augmentation patients trust Dr. Bruno for his expertise, experience, and personal approach to care. Call 310.461.3855 today to schedule your consultation.