I am wanting a Tummy Tuck (TT) so bad, although I have researched them tremendously, I have came across Mini Tummy Tucks.
I am 23 years old and have 2 kids. I am very uncomfortable with my stomach in front of my husband because of the saggy skin beneath my belly button. I have had a couple of consultations with plastic surgeons one says a mini would do and the other says a full TT.
I would personally keep the stretch marks instead of a huge scar from a full TT but I don’t know what to do. Help?
A: Mini-tummy tuck vs full tummy tuck
The difference between a mini-tummy tuck and “regular” tummy tuck are as follows:
- Mini-TT only tightens the lower (below the belly button) portion of the abdomen
- Full-TT tightens the entire abdominal wall, from sternum to pubic bone.
- Mini-TT does not involve any scarring around the belly button, but it does move down closer to the pubic area.
- Full-TT does involve cutting around your belly button to create the “new” belly button, which remains in the same basic anatomic area.
- Mini-TT scar length is slighter shorter than full-TT scar, but only by an inch or two on either side.
Conclusion: If your plastic surgeon feels a full-TT can be done, then that is the right procedure to do. It may require a slightly longer recovery, but the results will be better. There aren’t many patients who are truly good candidates for mini-TT.