West Hollywood butt lift patients tend to share one thing in common: you care about looking your very best. Of course, that care doesn’t just include your posterior but extends to your overall health and fitness, so it’s natural for you to want to get back to your regular workout routine post procedure. Having a butt lift certainly doesn’t mean you can no longer exercise and stay toned, but there are some things you should do to maximize and maintain the results of your surgery.
Tips for West Hollywood Butt Lift Patients
Because a butt lift involves the harvesting and injection of fat cells into your buttocks, there are a number of physiological factors to consider in order to maximize your results:
- Sleeping: to avoid harming the delicate fat cells that have been transferred, it is ideal that you sleep on your side or stomach to further protect the newly transferred fat.
- Sitting: for the same two week period, it’s important to try to avoid sitting directly on your buttocks for 2 weeks post-surgery with the assistance of a special pillow placed under the back of your thighs.
- Compression: you’ll be provided with a compression garment that extends from your waist to your knees after surgery – it’s important that you wear this for 4 weeks post-op to maintain ideal positioning.
- Exercise Timing: we recommend you avoid strenuous, fat burning exercises such as squats for 8 weeks to allow the fat cells to establish a proper blood supply. Light aerobic exercise or weight training is OK a few weeks post-op, and walking is highly recommended right after your surgery.
- Fat Burning and Weight Loss: because the new volume in your buttocks comes from fat, it is subject to being burned by exercise just like any other fat. Fat burning workouts, such as heavy weight training or intense circuit-style routines should be avoided.
If you’re looking for a fuller, sexier rear that lasts, look no further than West Hollywood butt lift expert Dr. William Bruno. Call us and schedule your free consultation today.