For women all over America, excess abdominal skin is a problem that’s downright maddening. Whether you work yourself senseless in the gym and eat extremely healthy, that extra skin you have left over from pregnancy or weight loss just won’t go away.
In Beverly Hills, tummy tucks have become a popular solution to this problem, and rightfully so – they remove that seemingly impervious extra skin on your tummy in no time. But there seems to be some confusion about what exactly a tummy tuck does. Let’s dig in to the specifics to provide some clarity on the issue.
Beverly Hills Tummy Tuck Patients: Get the Facts
Though some physicians have different definitions of the procedure, where Dr. Bruno is concerned, here’s what’s involved:
- A horizontal incision is made just above the pubic bone and across the abdomen from hip to hip
- Excess skin and fatty deposits are removed from the abdominal area
- Using a series of specialized sutures, the abdominal muscles are tightened, lending extra strength and support
- The belly button may be repositioned to give it a natural appearance on the newly flattened abdomen
- Plastic drains may be placed under the skin to prevent the collection of fluids in the area (these are typically removed within a week following surgery)
Technically speaking, the removal of excess fatty tissue in the love handle area is not part of the actual tummy tuck procedure, however, liposuction is commonly performed on this area during a tummy tuck to provide patients with the narrow waistline they desire. That said, women with stretch marks and excess skin are ideal candidates for a tummy tuck. Patients who still have good skin tone and merely want to address pockets of excess fat are more likely to benefit from liposuction alone.
Ready to say goodbye to excess skin in your abdomen? Beverly Hills tummy tuck expert Dr. William Bruno is here to help. Call 310.461.3855 and schedule your free consultation today.